As new theme files are created, we will include them as attachments to this article. The attachments are at the end of this article.
- Save an attached .mcc file to your computer.
- Startup MasterCook 22 and go to the Cookbooks screen.
- Select Preferences from the Edit menu.
- Go to the Color Themes tab in the Preferences window.
- Press the Add button and direct it to the .mcc file you downloaded.
- Follow these instructions to use the new theme.
CREATING YOUR OWN THEMES
It is possible to create your own theme files. The .mcc files can be opened with a text editor. The RGB values on a line can be changed, and that determines the fill or line colors of tables, lists, and text in screens in MasterCook. Attached below is a PDF file (MasterCook MCC Theme File Roadmap.pdf) that provides a roadmap -- complete with screenshots and color suggestions. Refer to the PDF file as you follow the steps below to create your own theme file.
- Create a copy of an existing .mcc file.
- Open it with Notepad.
- Change the RGB values of a line and save your file.
- Add your .mcc theme file to MasterCook as explained above to use it.
Feel free to join the MasterCook Discussion Group and share your theme files with others. Or, send an email to support with your .mcc file attached if you want MasterCook to upload it and provide it in this support article.
This website is quite helpful in choosing colors:
It will give you brightness and saturation gradients as well as color harmony and other information.