MasterCook 220.127.116.11 is the current version of MasterCook 2020. To check which version number you are using, go to the Help menu in MasterCook on the computer. Select About MasterCook. The complete version number is listed there.
If you are a registered MasterCook 2020 user and you have proof of purchase for MasterCook 2020 for Windows, you are eligible for free updates to the MasterCook 2020 Windows product.
If you purchased MasterCook 2020 at MasterCook.com and if you have a current subscription to MasterCook.com, you have a download link to the latest version of MasterCook 2020 in your Downloadable Products page in your online account. Use the Download link in your account. Each time a new update is released for MasterCook 2020, your download link is updated. It always downloads the latest version.
If you don't have a current subscription to MasterCook.com and you purchased MasterCook 2020 without a subscription at MasterCook.com, an email will be sent to you with further instructions. Contact MasterCook Support if you don't receive that email.
WHEN A NEW UPDATE IS AVAILABLE we automatically send an email to you with instructions on getting the new update, if you have purchased the MasterCook 2020 Windows product at MasterCook.com. If you didn't receive that email, please contact us. We can confirm when the email was sent to you and if it was delivered. We can send you a new one if necessary. The most common cause of not getting that email, is your email provider thought we were sending you spam. You can help by completing this short web form so we have permission to send you emails from our email system going forward.
BACKUP YOUR FILES FIRST
REQUIRED: It is always important to backup your files on the computer before you make changes to any program. This includes MasterCook. Before you install the update for MasterCook 2020, you must backup your files. Please follow these instructions. If you need help or have questions, contact MasterCook Support.
ABOUT THE UPDATE FILE
This installation file is designed to update an existing installation of MasterCook 2020 as well as a stand-alone new installation. Therefore, you can delete the previous download installation file and keep the new one going forward.
- UPDATING CURRENT MASTERCOOK 2020 INSTALLATION: If it detects a current installation of MasterCook 2020 on the computer, it will update the program files only and not touch the user files (preference settings, My Cookbook, Ingredient List, etc.) Please do NOT change the path during the installation. The installer knows where the program is currently installed and will update there. (If you change the path, it will create new user folders & files at the new location and will no longer use the old location.)
- NEW MASTERCOOK 2020 INSTALLATION: If MasterCook 2020 is not currently installed on the computer, it will fully install the program onto the computer.
- Make sure you have current backup copies of your MasterCook files on the computer before you install.
- Download the installation file first and do not open it yet. Allow it to fully download to your computer and save a copy of that file to a location where you keep all important files that you backup regularly. This will prevent you from having to pay for a replacement in the future.
- Restart the computer so nothing is running and can interfere and corrupt the installation and proceed with installing.
- If your antivirus uses community feedback to determine if files are safe to install, the MasterCook update will be too new for others to know and report the MasterCook installation file as being legitimate. Therefore, your antivirus may block you from downloading or installing the file. Review the documentation that comes with your antivirus for instructions with the error message it is reporting.
MasterCook 18.104.22.168 Release Notes (11/16/2020)
- Improved the speed and performance of the installation
- Fixed an installation issue where in some rare cases the installer was failing to extract files needed to install
- Changed the program's icon from the white sheet to the MasterCook red flame icon
- Updated About MasterCook screen.
- Fixed the scrollbar issue in the Import screen
- Updated Preference settings (extended the date for purging the calendar and set it to show fractions and decimals in recipes)
- Updated Ingredient List (store locations for ingredients)
- Increased the width of the Search box in the Ingredient List window
- Added a new "MC New Design" print template with some new nutrients reported
- Fixed issue of spellcheck not working when the program is installed in a location on the computer other than the Public Documents default location
- Updated the cookbook picture compression settings -- removed LeadTools which is no longer supported and the lower quality JPG compression setting that makes grainy photos.
- Removed the Update Search Indexes command from the Tools menu in the Search screen
- Fixed the display issue of the MealPlan screen when displaying the nutritional analysis report
- Updating an existing installation of MasterCook 20 that is currently installed on a drive that is formatted as FAT32 or exFAT fails to complete the installation. It hangs at the end and requires you to End Task in the Windows Task Manager. To avoid the issue: backup and uninstall MasterCook 20 first. Then install the new version. This appears to be an issue in the installation program. We have notified their developers. (Most computers have the C drive formatted as NTFS. External drives can be formatted as FAT32 or exFAT. Go to This PC folder on the computer. Right click on your drive and select Properties. In the General tab see the File System status.)
- Installing on a NAS system fails. Please contact MasterCook Support, so we can help you. This appears to be an issue in the installation program. We have notified their developers.
MasterCook 22.214.171.124 Release Notes (5/15/2021)
- Fixes the issue of direction photos not displaying for some customers in the Recipe Display screen. (Previously they would only display if MasterCook 14 or 15 were also installed on the computer.)
- Fixes the nutrition screen in the meal plan screen.
- Fixes the issue where MasterCook 2020 was unable to function properly because some computers created a folder in the VirtualStore location on the computer.
- Fixes an issue with updating on a FAT32 drive. It will complete successfully if updating from version 126.96.36.199.
- Removed Evernote export option since the technology for it no longer exists and other export options work better.