Please watch this video demonstration: Creating a Group Cookbook
MasterCook 15 introduces group cookbooks. When you launch MasterCook 15 the My MasterCook Manager window will also appear. Click on the Share tab along the left of its screen to manage your group cookbooks. It continues to work the same in MasterCook 2020.
The Create New Group Cookbook button in the upper right corner of this screen allows you to create your own group cookbook.
In the top half of the Share tab it lists the group cookbooks you are participating in. You'll see the different columns that contain information about the cookbook's name, who owns and created the cookbook, your permission level in that cookbook (owner; contributor; view), the sync status for the cookbook, and when that cookbook was last modified.
The lower half of this window shows you more details about the cookbook you select above. If you select a cookbook that you own or created, you will see two tabs: (1) Activity and (2) Edit. If you are part of another person's group cookbook you will only see the Activity tab.
The Activity tab gives you details about what is happening in that cookbook. It tells you who added and edited recipes in the cookbook and when.
The Edit tab allows you to invite others to join your group cookbook. Type in their email address. Press the Invite button. Then press the Save button. This will send the person an email invitation to your group cookbook. You can also add a checkmark to allow others to add recipes to your cookbook.
Basically you can create two types of group cookbooks: (1) read-only--where you invite others to view recipes in your cookbook and (2) Others Can Contribute--where others can view recipes you've added as well as add their own. The person who contributes the recipe is the only one who can edit that recipe. Others in the group cannot edit each other's recipes. However, the group cookbook owner can edit anything in their group cookbook, even recipes added by others that have been invited to the group cookbook.
When you invite someone to a group cookbook they will receive a link to your group cookbook in email. They need to use that link. If they don't have an account at MasterCook.com, they will need to create one first. They can have a free MasterCook.com account and view your group cookbook. The recipes that others add do not count towards their recipe limit either.
Note: Once you create a cookbook (regular vs. group) you cannot change it to another type. You can adjust the setting at any time to make it read-only or not for your group members.
You can copy/paste recipes into your new group cookbook as well. See Copy/Move Recipes into Another Cookbook
Steps to Create a Group Cookbook
1. Go to the Share tab in My MasterCook Manager.
2. In the upper right click on the Create New Group Cookbook button.
3. In the lower left in the Cookbook Name text box, type in a name for your new cookbook. Press the Save button.
At this point your new group cookbook is create in MasterCook on the computer. You can add recipes or copy/paste them in from another cookbook. See these instructions: Copy Recipes into Another Cookbook
4. Next, you need to sync your group cookbook to MasterCook.com, so others will see it. See this article: MasterCook 15 Sync. See screenshot below too.
5. To invite others to your group cookbook return to the Share tab in My MasterCook Manager. In the lower right to the left of the Invite button type in someone's email address. Press the Invite button. Press the Save button. After you press both of these buttons an email invitation to this cookbook will be sent to them.
6. When the invitee receives the email, they will need to click on the link in the email. This will take them to MasterCook.com. If they don't have an account at MasterCook.com they will need to create one. Then it will show this group cookbook in their account at MasterCook.com.
Additional Information: To delete your group cookbook use the Delete link to the left of your cookbook's name in the Share tab. This deletes the cookbook completely. Since it is your cookbook it will be removed from those you've shared with as well. If someone wishes to leave your group cookbook you can remove them using the Share tab by using the Remove link next to their email address in the Edit tab. If an invitee has MasterCook they can remove themselves from the cookbook by using the Remove Me link in the Share tab.