If you experience problem with MasterCook 15 or My MasterCook Manger please follow these steps below.
MasterCook expects Windows on your computer to be fully updated. Go to the Windows Update screen on your computer and make sure you have downloaded all updates listed. Restart your computer if prompted after applying updates.
A. Make sure your computer is using Net Framework 4.7.2. It's required for the My MasterCook Manager program to fully function. See instructions below.
B. After performing the above steps you should reset the files for MasterCook as explained below.
C. A third step may be necessary to register a DLL file that MasterCook uses.
A. DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL NET FRAMEWORK 4.7.2
You can download and install it by clicking here.
To confirm you have .NET Framework 4.7.2 look in the following locations depending on your version of Windows:
- In Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), .NET Framework 4.7.2 is listed as an installed product under the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
- In Windows 8.1, Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4054566) is displayed under the Installed Updates item in Control Panel.
- In Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607) and Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703), Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4054590) is listed under the Installed Updates item in Control Panel.
- In Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709), Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4073120) is listed under the Installed Updates item in Control Panel.
B. RESET MASTERCOOK'S FILES
1. Tell Windows to show you hidden files and folders on the computer. See this: Show Hidden Files
2. Restart your computer. Do not start up MasterCook yet.
3. Then go to this folder on your computer:
(Open the C drive. Open the ProgramData folder. Open the MasterCook 15 folder.)
Delete the JSON files and the MCW file from that MasterCook 15 folder as shown below. (There could be up to 3 JSON files inside this folder. The program will recreate these files later.)
4. Then open this folder on your computer:
Open the C drive. Then open the Users folder. Open the Public folder. Open the Public Documents folder. Open the MasterCook 15 folder.
Delete the Mastercook Configuration settings file. (If you cannot find this file let us know. It's an important step.)
5. Then start up MasterCook 15. Does it work better now?
C. REGISTER A DLL FILE
The My MasterCook Manager requires a DLL file to be registered in order for it to function.
Please restart your computer. Then:
1) Press and hold the Windows logo key on your keyboard and press the letter X (Works in Windows 8 and 10 only. See below for Windows 7 or Vista).
This brings up a menu where you can select to run Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin). Make sure you run it as Admin or the next step won't work and will give an error instead.
If you are using Windows 7 or Vista, follow these instructions instead: Open Admin Command Prompt. (Please note that Microsoft is ending support of Windows 7, so we are unable to support it any longer.)
2) Copy this line text:
regsvr32 "c:\program files (x86)\MasterCook 15\Program\rtcwrap.dll"
3) At the command prompt, right click where the cursor is and select Paste to copy that line above in there. Make sure there are no spaces at the beginning or end of that line above.
Then press the Enter key on your keyboard. You should get a message stating it was successful, like this screenshot below.
INCLUDED COOKBOOKS MISSING
After removing the INI file, you may need to follow these instructions to get the cookbooks that come with the program to reappear.
WINDOWS 7 USERS
If you are using Windows 7, some users have experienced that their computer is blocking My MasterCook Manager from accessing the internet. In the lower left corner of the My MasterCook Manager program is a Status. This is just an indicator and tells you if your computer is allowing the program to connect to the internet or not. If it states OFFLINE that means your computer is not allowing My MasterCook Manager to connect to the internet. Some users were able to solve the issue by following the instructions above. Some were able to solve the issue by making sure they are using the most current updates for Windows Updates.
Unfortunately Windows is discontinuing support of Windows 7. We are unable to support it either for that reason. The good news is you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free. See this article. This issue does not affect Windows 10. It's something with Windows 7. You could also submit a query on the Windows Support online communities to see if someone there has a solution.
FURTHER ASSISTANCE NEEDED
Additionally, if you are still having problems with My MasterCook Manager, please send us your MyMasterCookErrors.txt file that's within this same ProgramData\MasterCook 15 folder as shown above. Email that file to email@example.com so we can check out the errors it reports.