CHROME OR EDGE
Chrome stopped supporting the Add To MasterCook bookmarklet and will no longer allow it to function. Therefore, MasterCook created a brand new extension/add-on in the Chrome Web Store to replace it.
The current version of Edge can also use all Chrome add-ons/extensions.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for MasterCook.
- When viewing the MasterCook extension at the Chrome Web Store, click on the Add To Chrome button to download and install the new add-on to Chrome or Edge.
- Next, you need to pin it to your web browser. Click on the puzzle/game piece icon in the upper right corner of Chrome. When the Extensions window appears, click on the pin icon to the right of MasterCook.
This video below shows you how to get the new MasterCook add-on for Chrome or Edge and then use it.
If you come across a website where the recipe isn't importing to your satisfaction, don't fret!
- The latest version is 1.0.4 and was approved by Google on 12/23/2020. Our developers will continue improving and updating the MasterCook extension regularly.
- Otherwise, you can use the manual import option as demonstrated in the video below.
This video below shows you how to use the new Manual Import option.
In Firefox, right click on the Bookmarks bar at the top of the screen and select New Bookmark.
Type "Add To MasterCook" as the Name.
Copy/paste this text in the paragraph of code below into the Location text box:
Press the Save button. See screenshot below.
Next, go to this recipe in Firefox:
While viewing that recipe press your new Add To MasterCook bookmark that you added to test it out.