You do not need to be signed into My MasterCook Manager to use the Backup screen. It fully functions while offline. There are two ways to backup your files for MasterCook 15.
- One is to use the MasterCook 15 Backup screen.
- The other way is using Windows.
Both methods are explained below and give the same exact results.
MasterCook 15 includes a new way to backup you data. When you launch MasterCook 15, the My MasterCook Manager program will also appear. Click on the Backup tab along the left of its screen to use it. See screenshot below.
The Backup screen shows you the location of the files that MasterCook is currently using.
1. Add checkmarks to the MasterCook 15 content you wish to back up.
2. At the top of this screen is a Browse button. Click on that. This allows you to select which folder to copy your files to. (You can click on the View Folder link just below this to see the contents of that selected folder.)
3. Press the Backup Now button to back up your data to that location.
ALTERNATE OPTIONS TO BACKUP
- Furthermore, if you sync your data to your account at MasterCook.com it, too, acts as a backup since it's now online. If you get a new computer, you can easily sync all of your MasterCook data from your MasterCook.com account.
- Additionally, if for some reason you cannot get the My MasterCook Manager screen to work, you can use Windows to backup your data. Copy the MasterCook 15 folder that is inside the Public Documents folder on your computer to another disk or drive. (Open the C drive. Open the Users folder. Open the Public Folder. Open the Public Documents folder. Make a backup copy of the MasterCook 15 folder that is inside the Public Documents folder.)
If you are using My MasterCook Manager for the first time and find that the window is completely blank instead of populating with data as shown above, then that means something prevented the program from completing its installation. Please follow these instructions to fix it:
Please restart your computer. Then:
1) Click Start
2) In the Search field, type cmd. "cmd.exe" should show up in the list.
3) Right-click on it and choose "Run As Administrator"
4) Copy this line text:
regsvr32 "c:\program files (x86)\MasterCook 15\Program\rtcwrap.dll"
5) At the command prompt, right click where the cursor is and select Paste to copy that line above in there. Make sure there are no spaces at the beginning or end of that line above. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
You should get a message stating it was successful: