You do not need to be signed into My MasterCook Manager to use the Backup screen. It fully functions while offline. There are two ways to backup your files for MasterCook 15.
- One is to use the MasterCook 15 Backup screen.
- The other way is using Windows.
Both methods are explained below and give the same exact results.
USE MASTERCOOK 15 BACKUP
MasterCook 15 includes a new way to backup you data. When you launch MasterCook 15, the My MasterCook Manager program will also appear. Click on the Backup tab along the left of its screen to use it. See screenshot below.
The Backup screen shows you the location of the files that MasterCook is currently using.
1. Use Windows and create a new folder on your computer called MasterCook Backups. Perhaps create it in your personal My Documents folder. Inside that folder create a folder with today's date.
2. Add checkmarks to the MasterCook 15 content you wish to back up.
3. At the top of this screen is a Browse button. Click on that. This allows you to select which folder to copy your files to. Select the folder with today's date that you created in Step 1 above. (You can click on the View Folder link just below this to see the contents of that selected folder.)
4. Press the Backup Now button to back up your data to that location.
BACKUP USING WINDOWS
Additionally, if for some reason you cannot get the My MasterCook Manager screen to work, you can use Windows to backup your data.
Copy the MasterCook 15 folder that is inside the Public Documents folder on your computer to another disk or drive.
- Open the C drive on your computer.
- Open the Users folder.
- Open the Public Folder.
- Open the Public Documents folder.
- Use Windows to copy the MasterCook 15 folder and all of its content to another disk or drive. (It contains all of your user files.)
Although you can use Windows to confirm it copied the contents within the MasterCook 15 folder, do not open the files in the backup location or you will confuse the program since it's already using files by the same name. You just want a copy of them in a backup location.
If you are using My MasterCook Manager for the first time and find that the window is completely blank instead of populating with data as shown above, then that means something prevented the program from completing its installation. Please follow these instructions to fix it:
Please restart your computer. Then:
1) Click Start
2) In the Search field, type cmd. "cmd.exe" should show up in the list.
3) Right-click on it and choose "Run As Administrator"
4) Copy this line text:
regsvr32 "c:\program files (x86)\MasterCook 15\Program\rtcwrap.dll"
5) At the command prompt, right click where the cursor is and select Paste to copy that line above in there. Make sure there are no spaces at the beginning or end of that line above. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
You should get a message stating it was successful: