If you open a recipe, go to Print/Publish, place a checkmark by shopping list, UNcheck to include the recipe, and then click on Edit Design, you will get the shopping list layout page. Then select Save Design As from the File menu. Give this a name like Shopping List. This way you will be editing that new design and can retain the original design it was based on.
CHANGING THE FONT OF THE SHOPPING LIST
1. Choose Edit > Select All
2. Click Palette
3. On the Text tab, change the color to anything.
4. The word "spacer" may appear in the layout area if you are using MC 5.x.
5. To remove the word "spacer", select the text box (in the left pane of the Edit Design screen) that holds "spacer", then click the OBJECT tab on the palette.
6. In the box at the bottom of that window, replace the word "spacer" with a space (hit the space bar once).
In version 6.x, this unwanted "spacer" text string no longer appears when we edit the shopping list fonts.
REMOVING UNWANTED COLUMNS
1. Choose a recipe.
2. Select the Print icon.
3. Remove the checkmark in the Print window for Recipes.
4. Add a checkmark for Shopping List.
5. Select Edit Design.
In Edit Print Design Window:
6. Under where it says Item, select the box that says "(No text.)"
7. Select Palette.
8. In the Object tab of the Palette under Border Lines choose the box in the upper left corner. This removes the solid black line. (If you want this black line to remain, then don't do this step.)
9. Highlight the box that contains Cost.
10. At the bottom of the Object tab replace the word "Cost" with a blank space.
11. Highlight the box that contains Coupon.
12. At the bottom of the Object tab replace the word "Coupon" with a blank space.
13. Highlight the box that contains (No Cost text.)
14. Right click on it and choose Hide.
15. Highlight the box that contains (No Coupon text.)
16. Right click on it and choose Hide.
17. Highlight the box that contains Recipe and drag the black square on the right side of the box across to the right margin.
18. Highlight the box that contains the recipe name and drag the black square on the right side of the box across to the right margin.
19. Select File > Save Design As and give it a name you will remember. Use this design when you print a shopping list.