NOTES: I am using an inkjet printer (Epson Stylus Color 740), so YMMV (your mileage may vary) depending on your printer. My printer does NOT allow me to print on both sides of a sheet of paper. If your printer does, you may need to disable it or disable the Flip Manually setting mentioned below in step #5g.
I am using a cookbook that doesn't have ratings, because I will sort by Ratings to avoid the placeholder (those single letters that print on their own sheet of paper) for category names, etc.
1. Open a cookbook (I chose Casual Dining.) to the Recipe Browser (where you see your recipe titles).
2. Choose Ratings from the Sort By drop-down list. (This is the order the recipes will print.)
3. Highlight 8 recipe titles from the Recipe Browser. (You can choose more or less recipes or even the whole cookbook.)
4. Select the Print icon.
5. In the Print window, I have these options selected:
a. My Epson printer.
b. Casual Dining design. (Chose whatever design you wish.)
c. Letter 8 1/2 x 11 paper.
d. Checkmark for Number Pages. (This will help you when putting the pages in the correct order when the printing is all completed.)
e. Print Range = Current Recipe(s).
f. Include = Recipes and Embedded Recipes. (You can include more items.)
g. Print On = One side. There is a checkmark in the dimmed box for Flip Manually. (You may need to select Long Side or Short Side to put a checkmark in this box. You can experiment with this setting.)
h. Orientation = Landscape.
6. Select the Edit Design button to open up the Edit Print Design window.
7. In the Edit Print Design window select the Palette button to open up the Palette window.
8. Choose the Page tab.
9. Select One After Another from the Start drop-down list.
10. Add a checkmark in the Folded Booklet box.
11. Select the Print Preview button.
12. Select the Print button.
13. If the main Print window appears again, select the Print button there too.
RESULTS: It prints the first side of the pages and prompts me to re-insert the paper. The paper comes out print side up.
14. I reverse the order of all the papers, so that the paper that was on the bottom is now on the top, and the paper that was on top is now on the bottom.
15. I reinsert the paper in the tray with the ending edge (the edge that came out of my printer last) going in first.
16. I select OK for the prompt to flip the paper over, and the back side of the pages are printed.
17. I reverse the order of all the pages once again, and my booklet is in the correct order.
18. I fold the pages in half, and I now have a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 booklet.
Steps 14, 15 & 17 may vary depending on your printer. If you don't see page numbers printed, you may need to adjust your margins (increase them for the 8 1/2 x 11 paper).
Please be aware that you might not want your booklets to be so large that you have a hard time stapling them or folding them up.