How do I reinstall MasterCook 15?
Please note if you purchased the download of MasterCook 15 from MasterCook.com, you have an up-to-date download link for the installation file in your account here: Downloadable Products.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKUP COPIES FIRST on another disk or drive! See These Instructions. Then uninstall MasterCook 15. Restart your computer if prompted.
Make sure there are no remains of the previous install before you install once again. Otherwise, those corrupt files will remain and so will your problems. If you are unable to find any of the 3 folders below, STOP. Contact us and let us know.
MasterCook 15 installed 3 folders on your computer, so make sure they are gone before you reinstall.
- Open the C drive on your computer. Then open the Program Files (x86) folder. If there is a MasterCook 15 folder in here, delete it.
- Open the C drive on your computer. Then open the ProgramData folder. If Windows is hiding that folder from you see Show Hidden Files in Windows 8 or Show Hidden Files in Windows 7. Make sure the MasterCook 15 folder is deleted from within the ProgramData folder. (If you still don't find the ProgramData folder on your computer, please ask us to help you.)
- Open the C drive on your computer. Open the Users folder. Open the Public folder. Open the Public Documents folder. If there is a MasterCook 15 folder inside the Public Documents folder, delete it.
Ready for Installation
Then close all programs and disable your antivirus program so nothing corrupts your installation. Reinstall MasterCook 15. Make sure it works correctly with its own files before you attempt to add your own. You can easily add your own files by using Merge to merge from your Backup location from the FIRST STEP above.
It is important that you do these three things:
- After uninstalling you will get prompted to restart the computer. Do that.
- After restarting the computer, you must delete the folders that remain behind after uninstalling. If you don't they will continue to cause problems.
- If you do not close all other programs and disable your antivirus program when you install, they often cause a corrupt install for others.
After you get the program reinstalled, do NOT add back your files until you verify the program is working as expected with its own fresh files. If you have problems after adding your files, then you will know one of them is causing the problem.