I'm trying to sync a file. It won't sync. The Sync Log tab says Sync Started. Sync Completed., yet nothing has synced. It also shows Pending in the Status column of the Sync screen.
First, make a current backup of your files either using the Backup screen in My MasterCook Manager or by using Windows. Both methods are explained in this article: MasterCook 15 Backup
This video demonstrates how syncing operates: Creating a New Recipe in MasterCook 15 and Syncing to Online
Syncing is bidirectional, so when you add/edit/delete a recipe at one location (online vs. the computer), it will do the same to the other location.
- A cookbook can't sync if you have it opened and are viewing it inside the program. Therefore, go to the main cookbooks screen, so the cookbook is no longer in use.
- A cookbook cannot sync if you have duplicates of that cookbook in your online cookbooks screen which you can review here: Online Cookbooks. If you have duplicate online cookbooks, immediately sign out of your account in My MasterCook Manager on the computer and follow these instructions: Duplicate Online Cookbooks
Otherwise, follow these steps:
- Go to the My Account screen in My MasterCook Manager on the computer and sign out of your online account for now.
- While you are signed out, go to the Cookbooks screen in MasterCook and select Refresh File List from the Tools menu. (It's important to refresh while you are signed out. It resets the sync files on the computer.)
- Either stay on the main Cookbooks screen or close the main MasterCook program, and return to the My MasterCook Manager screen and sign in and try to sync your file again.
Sometimes it helps to refresh after you have signed out.
If you still have a problem, please close MasterCook. Send us your file that's having the issue, so we can see if we have the same problem syncing that particular file. It could be something within the file is causing a problem. Your files are either within the collection folder on your computer or the MC Tools folder. Go to the Backup tab in My MasterCook Manager, which will show the locations of the files you are currently using in MasterCook.
- I always sign out of My MasterCook Manager (MMM) after I'm done syncing.
- Before I wish to sign back into MMM, I refresh the files in MasterCook 15. (Go to the Cookbooks screen. Select Refresh File List from the Tools menu.)
- Then I sign into MMM and sync.
- Repeat above steps.