I have a cookbook that will not open. Is there a way I can recover the recipes from it?
If you have the MC2 and MCX files, you could try to use CB2CB to see if it can recover recipes and their photos. Get CB2CB here:
Download and Install CB2CB:
- Download the latest version of the CB2CB program.
- Create a new folder on your computer. Extract the files from CB2CB into this new folder.
- Run the .exe file to use CB2CB.
- Set MC2 as the Input Format and browse to your .mc2 file.
- Set MZ2 as the Output format.
- Press the Finish button.
It will create an .mz2 file at the same location as your .mc2 file. Use Windows to double click on the .mz2 file. It will open in MasterCook and prompt you to create a new cookbook. Create a new cookbook and import the recipes into MasterCook.