I'm having problems with My MasterCook Manager and/or MasterCook 15 does not launch from the My MasterCook Manager screen. How do I reset it?
1. Restart your computer. Do not start up MasterCook yet.
2. Then go to this folder on your computer:
(Open the C drive. Open the ProgramData folder. Open the MasterCook 15 folder.)
Delete these 4 files from that MasterCook 15 folder:
- MC World.mcw
3. Then open this folder on your computer:
Open the C drive. Then open the Users folder. Open the Public folder. Open the Public Documents folder. Open the MasterCook 15 folder. Delete the MasterCook.ini file that's inside this MasterCook 15 folder.
4. Then start up MasterCook 15. Does it work better now?
Additionally, if you are having problems with My MasterCook Manager, please send us your MyMasterCookErrors.txt file that's within this same ProgramData\MasterCook 15 folder as shown above. Email that file to email@example.com so we can check out the errors it reports.
If you are using My MasterCook Manager for the first time and find that the window is completely blank instead of populating with data (For example, the Backup tab should not be blank.), then that means something prevented the program from completing its installation--usually caused by another program left running during the installation such as an antivirus program. Please follow these instructions to fix it:
Please restart your computer. Then:
1) Click Start
2) In the Search field, type cmd. "cmd.exe" should show up in the list.
3) Right-click on it and choose "Run As Administrator"
4) Copy this line text:
regsvr32 "c:\program files (x86)\MasterCook 15\Program\rtcwrap.dll"
5) At the command prompt, right click where the cursor is and select Paste to copy that line above in there. Make sure there are no spaces at the beginning or end of that line above. Then press the Enter key on your keyboard.
You should get a message stating it was successful: