While syncing my cookbooks and recipes, it started deleting them from MasterCook on my computer. How do I fix this?
This happens when it attempts to sync your existing online cookbook, but it creates a duplicate online cookbook and places those recipes there. So, you end up with two cookbooks with the same name online, and your recipes split between those two online cookbooks. However, the one on the computer is synced with the newest cookbook (the duplicate it created). You haven't lost your recipes yet. They are still ALL online within two online cookbooks by the same name. It's easy to correct. You don't lose any recipes. However, you must correct it exactly as explained below.
UPDATE (3/10/2016): Our developers have found the cause of this problem and are working on correcting it. We will be releasing an update to MasterCook in a few weeks that fixes it. You will be notified of that update in the My MasterCook Manager screen on the computer when it's available.
1. Go to the My Account screen in My MasterCook Manager on the computer and log out of your MasterCook.com account to disconnect it from My MasterCook Manager. Do not log back in until the very end of these instructions.
2. Then go to your online cookbooks web page here:
Are your cookbooks and recipes online? Do you see any duplicate cookbook titles in that online cookbooks page? Duplicate online cookbooks will cause this problem.
3. Click on the Download link next to one of your duplicate cookbooks. MasterCook 15 on the computer will ask to create a new cookbook in MasterCook on the computer. Give it a new name and do that. Do that for the other duplicate cookbook. Once you have both of these cookbooks in MasterCook 15, open the one that has the least amount of recipes. Select the recipe titles listed on the screen and copy the recipes. (Use the Select All and then Copy Recipes commands from the Edit menu.) Then open the other cookbook and paste them in there.
At this point you should have the new cookbook in MasterCook 15 that has your combined recipes.
4. Backup your files in MasterCook 15 as explained here:
5. Then you can delete the older cookbooks that aren't working correctly. Delete them from the Cookbooks web page online. Delete the ones that are in MasterCook 15 on the computer.
6. Then sign back into My MasterCook Manager and sync the new cookbook in version 15 with your combined recipes to your MasterCook.com account. Hopefully this new cookbook will work better.
Please backup your files on a regular basis. See this:
I would suggest you always log out of My MasterCook Manager after you are done syncing. Then work on your recipes from the computer. Before you sign back into My MasterCook Manager, go to the Cookbooks screen in MasterCook on the computer and select Refresh File List from the Tools menu.
TIP: Refresh while you are signed out of My MasterCook Manager.
After you refresh create a backup copy of your files. That's quick and easy. Then sign back into My MasterCook Manager and sync. Do those six things:
1. Sign out of My MasterCook Manager.
2. Edit recipes on the computer.
3. Refresh while you are signed out of My MasterCook Manager.
4. Create a backup of your files.
5. Sign into My MasterCook Manager and sync.
6. Sign out of My MasterCook Manager.
That should help you until the developers fix this problem.